There is no job as important or challenging as raising a good human. Although our children can bring incredible joy to our lives they can also bring a lot of frustration, anxiety, and stress. You may feel successful at many things– but all of a sudden, parenting just isn’t one of them.
Every parent needs a little help from time to time so I’m very glad you’re here.
Reasons for seeking parenting support may include:
- Divorce, separation, blending families, or challenging co-parenting arrangements
- Struggling to adjust to your new role and identity as a new parent
- Communication challenges (tuning out, disrespect, talking back, etc)
- Anger, tantrums, rebellion
- Sibling relationships
- Overall feeling of disconnect with your child
- You are tired of yelling and time outs/consequences don’t seem to be working
- Teen issues: drugs, sexuality, alcohol, school, peers, withdrawal from family
- Technology and social media
- Power struggles
- Lack of structure and routine in your home and difficulty setting limits and sticking to them
- Parenting with a partner that may not be on the same page as you with regards to discipline